Marketing & Communications, IT
Posted on Saturday, May 6, 2023
At ASAPP, we are on a mission to build transformative machine learning-powered products that push the boundaries of artificial intelligence and customer experience. We focus on solving complex, data-rich problems — the kind where there are huge systemic inefficiencies and where a real solution will have a significant economic impact. Our CX performance platform uses machine learning across both voice and digital engagement channels to augment and automate human work, radically increasing productivity and improving the efficiency and effectiveness of customer experience teams.
Comprehensive and compelling product documentation is critical to ASAPP’s ability to scale. As a Technical Writer for ASAPP’s customer-facing documentation, you will be creating and evolving our documentation offering. You will partner closely with engineers, product managers, and customer teams at ASAPP to create clear and informative content that helps business and technical audiences understand and use our evolving product offering.
Beyond a talent for synthesizing complex ideas into concise writing, we’re in search of someone that can build relationships with our internal product leads. As their partner, you are comfortable in the thick of technical material, you quickly recognize and resolve information gaps, and you know how to create momentum when they’re in the weeds. All of this, while being an advocate for our customer audience who is counting on the quality and timeliness of our content to make their project a success.
In return, we offer you an unparalleled opportunity for impact - AI is one of the most profound developments in human history, and we're building and deploying it on an unmatched scale.
What you'll do
- Create feature announcements, deployment walkthroughs, product guides, and technical specifications (among other things) for ASAPP products, features, and APIs
- Partner with engineering, design, security, product and customer teams to guide them through the ASAPP content creation process for their project
- Draft and publish content to docs.asapp.com using our content management system and publishing workflow
- Seek feedback from our customer-facing teams and contribute to improving our published material and content templates
- Manage your current and upcoming slate of projects to ensure you can continue to deliver quality material at the pace it’s needed
- Report directly to Senior Product Manager for Documentation
What you'll need
- Exceptional written communication skills - Please be prepared to provide samples of your published writing on a professional website, along with personal references for your work.
- An ability to understand new technical concepts quickly
- An ability to work with subject experts and convey their expertise into clear language
- An ability to self-manage and drive projects forward without high-touch oversight
- An ability to work quickly and recognize when to ramp up and down
- An attention to detail and awareness for where it’s needed most
What we'd like to see
- Experience in technical writing, content strategy, and instructional design
- Experience writing for a professional North American audience
- Experience working on large-scale software documentation
- Experience with single-sourcing and content reuse principles
- Experience in AI and/or Contact Center domains
- Experience with Github, Confluence, Jira, Lucidchart, and other authoring tools
- Competitive compensation
- Stock options
- Blue Cross 350 Corp for the family group
- Wellness perks
- Learning & development stipend
- Connectivity (mobile phone & internet) stipend
- Mac equipment
- English lessons
ASAPP is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status. If you have a disability and need assistance with our employment application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain assistance. #LI-VR1
See more open positions at ASAPP
Something looks off?